Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Ansys 12 Workbench Missing Tools in Toolbox

Status
Not open for further replies.

zer0c123

Mechanical
Sep 28, 2006
US
I've been e-mailing back and forth to my school's IT department trying to get Ansys 12 working. There were licensing issues before and now the program starts without a problem.

I can run regular Ansys with the classic interface without a problem; however, workbench is literally missing everything from the tool box. The only options that are available are geometry and engineering data. If I try to add to the toolbox using customize, nothing gets added.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Well the IT department says I only requested Ansys and not workbench. This makes me believe there is a separate license for it. Don't know why the workbench still starts up though.

You can request your school's IT dept to Reread the License Manager Settings.

Also, on your PC, you will need to set the User License Preferences to Use Academic Licenses.

I also had same problem, I asked help from IT help desk. But they said license are not available for other tool boxes. And they asked me to buy it. Therefore I gave up analyzing model in work bench. I highly appreciate this type of help. Thank you so much. Now I can do my work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back