Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ansys and workbench

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmf2011

Structural
Feb 14, 2011
BR
Hello Everyone,
Intially i worked in ANSYS workbench. Now i want to carry my work in ANSYS classic. But after converting the model only node,type element,area,but real constant is not avaiable . I dont know wat to do???

Help me pls!!!!!!!!!

PD:the model is a ship whit type element shell,only when convert to ansys classic the real constant not passed.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Check out my answer in this post, I think you can export as Shell63 and force Workbench to use real constants:

The elements you are exporting now (for a ship - shell elements I assume?) does probably not have reals defined because Ansys is moving towards using sections instead to represent thickness and possible layers of a plate.

If the above doesn't work (you can't get Workbench to export what you need) and you really need to use a special element type, you can create that in Classic by writing the following:

et, 200, 63 ! Element type no. 200 is defined as shell63
esel,s,ename,,181 ! selects elements of type Shell181
emodif, all, type, 200 ! modifies selected elements to type no. 200

I'm writing this from my head, so check that I got the commands right. Not sure how thickness properties will be converted though (you might have to do some extra work for that).

FEA consulting made easy -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back