Ansys APDL - Stresses through the thickness - Composite Laminate

Status
Not open for further replies.

ADroutsas

Structural
Nov 25, 2016
NL
Hello everybody,

I have a simple question regarding the stresses through the thickness at a composite laminate. I have created a simple rectangular area with shell181 elements(KEYOPT(8)=1) and I have given a lay-up sequence through Preprocessor>Sections>Shell>Add/Edit. Then, I constrained one end and I put an out of plane (regarding the plane of the shell) concentrated load at the other end. I want to check the stresses through the thickness of the laminate but I cannot find the correct command at the General Post proc. Any input can be valuable.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I found the answer to my question. One can find the stresses through the thickness by choosing the layer under investigation and the surface under investigation. To elaborate on this, one can give a certain lay-up through Preprocessor>Sections>Shell>Add/Edit , f.e. [0 45 90 -45]. Then, by inserting at the command line f.e. layer,3 you get the results for the third layer counting from bottom to top. Apart from that, if you insert the command: shell,bottom you will get the stresses at the bottom surface of this layer. Otherwise if you input shell,top you will get the stresses at the top of the chosen layer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back