Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ansys buys ls-dyna - thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hang on to your wallet. ANSYS is a public company and I think they'll steadily start increasing the price.

Ansys will kill Lsdyna. The only thing Ansys done up to now is to change interface with lots of bugs.

I agree. Prices will go up gradually over time.

ANSYS thinks they bought an explicit car crash code; they have no clue how far ahead Dyna's implicit solver is in the marketplace today in addition to its strongly coupled multiphysics capabilities. My worry is that ANSYS will screw it up by milking Dyna hard to gain entry in the automotive and aerospace sectors. I just hope they do not distract the developers and break the code into pieces.

I am tired of using stagnated codes like ANSYS/Mechanical, Abaqus, .. .. they just keep making superficial changes to the interface and minor improvements here and there. If ANSYS breaks Dyna, I will end up switching to ADINA (and wait until Klaus-Jurgen decides to become a zillionaire) or some other open source code (which will lose steam at some point).

Are you new to this forum? If so, please read these FAQs:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back