Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ansys Compatible with SolidWorks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timms

Mechanical
Oct 2, 2005
CA
HI

I am seriously considering buying Ansys and SolidWorks to design and analyze motorcycle frames. Do they work well with each other or should I just go with Cosmos? I am very familiar with SolidWorks but only have a little experience with Ansys and none with Cosmos. I need something with fatigue analysis capability.

Does anyone have a recomendation? :)

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi,
if you buy Ansys, most probably you will want to install Workbench interface along with Ansys Classical. Workbench works super-well with many CADs, included SolidWorks, with which it exchanges the geometry without using neutral files, by the means of a mechanism called "memory shared model" or something like that. Remember however that Workbench can not do all that Classical do, but you can easily begin an analysis in Workbench and then pass it to Classical for more complex analysis.
Where I work we use Ansys WB + Classical together with UG and we are extremely satisfied of the combination.

Regards

rtmpxr

Thanks for the guidance.

What are your comments on the technical support? Is ANSYS good for answering questions. Are they more than willing to help?

Blessings

From my experience there were no problems with the technical support. But, in my opinion, the best thing is to have a detailed discussion with their sale representative and put all the questions you need an answer.

Yeah I like your suggestion, except I'm not even sure of what type of questions to ask. I wish I had some more experience in this area so that I knew what to ask and watch out for.

Blessings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back