Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ansys Design Space Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

fossum24

Structural
Jun 2, 2009
US
I am trying to do a simple structural simulation using Ansys Design Space. I have made my model and was able to import it with no problems. My question is, when I go to define material properties it brings me to the ENGINEERING DATA tab. It then shows my new material model in the tree on the left but there is no way to edit the material properties. When I have used this program in the past I would always hit "edit material properties" and a yellowish box would show up where I could enter the structural material properties that were needed for the simulation. Does anyone have any idea on where this could have gone? Thanks.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

There is no "edit material" in the engineering tab. If you have not defined a material for your project, Ansys by default uses "structural steel". You can rename (RMB), edit, add and remove properties for this material.

In Ansys 11, normally by clicking on your material on the left, you get the properties of that material displayed in the right pane (Data overview window). Then simply by going to different fields in the data overview window you can alter any of the properties and type your own values.

You can also add or remove properties by using the "add/remove properties", located above the properties table.

I hope this helps you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back