Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ansys ERROR causes crashing The system I/0 error =28

Status
Not open for further replies.

vinny31

Mechanical
Oct 4, 2005
IE
I am using Ansys Multiphysics v 11 on windows XP 64 bit. It’s running on a 64 bit machine Dell 690 workstation.

I am running a fluid transient 2D analysis over a 40 microsecond time frame.
But every time the results file *.rfl reaches a size of 4GB the program crashes.
I get the following warning in the Ansys window
“Insufficient disk space to continue. You must free disk space to continue. “

Also is the out put window the following is written.
“An error has occurred writing to the file = 12 which may imply a full disk.
The system I/0 error =28 “ At the time of this error the page file within the same vdirectory is 0 kb.

I don’t understand what could be wrong the drive I am work from has about 100 gb free.
Can anyone tell me what to do?
Regards

V

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi,

i had a similar problem with v11/64bit and this error message. then i realized that even rst file had lets say 2gb, "file.page" created by ansys had 20gb! It is because 64bit ansys supports up to 64gb virtual memory...

So my question is : are you sure that the sum of all files created by ansys (db, rst, esav, osav...) is less than 100gb ?

Regards,
lubo

Hi Lubo

yes i am sure the sum of all the files are less tha 100gb.
i am just had a thought. the pc has 2 hard drives C and D. Ansys is installed on the C drive along with all the other program files theres is about 40 gb free on that.

however the analysis and all the folders i work in are on the D drive. Could it be that there are other temporary files wrtten to the C drive while the anslysis is being solved, thus causing it to crash

i thought that everything relating to a paticular analysis is written to the folder that the *.db files osave, esav , etc are in...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back