Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ANSYS Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

mhackett1212

Mechanical
Apr 19, 2015
US
'm having trouble with adding materials to my design. Even when I do just keep errors from the material that the software gave me. When I try to solve my design with the given loads I get a general error. I don't really understand this problem. I'm new to learning how to do ANSYS. I have less than a month of experience using this software. My college professor has literally making us use a software and design a project that I have zero knowledge of using. Could someone please help me to get rid of these errors in this project. Please give me a clear explanation of what is going on I really want to learn how to use this software to benefit my soon to be career. I'm trying to statically analysis on the software.

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=d06c97c4-bcda-4d57-93a1-71eb0c4e7d9e&file=piston.wbpj
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I additonally got this error message. HELP PLEASE.
Error: Your product license has numerical problem size limits, you have exceeded these problem size limits and the solver cannot proceed.

Your ansys is educational. Thus there is a limit on how many elements/nodes you can use in one solution. So the problem with your task is that either your mesh is too dense or the task is to complicated to be solved with the limited version.
Or your approach to the modeling is incorrect.

Howns would I make my mesh less dense. I'm trying to get some data to compute. I literally have very little knowledge about how to do that application. I did a very basic mesh. I even tried by putting insanesly small loads on the design. I don't get what to do.

explain the problem you are trying to solve: make some print screens so it will be possible to understand what is that you try to compute.

As I said your task is to complex for your license type. Try decomposing it into several, each part of your assembly - different task.
Also consider simplifying geometry and mesh of pistons and belt they are too dense for static analysis. But I suppose that the best results can be achieved if you dissect your assembly into each separate part with appropriate boundary conditions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back