Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ANSYS program has stopped working?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chihoangkt

Civil/Environmental
Jul 16, 2012
CA
Dear ANSYS Users,

I am doing an optimization problem by MATLAB which calls ANSYS (Mechanical APDL) for an analysis part in the DO loop (iterations) algorithm.
For a less dof.s problem (about 5,600 Dof.s), it works well (ANSYS run in the batch mode by a calling command in MATLAB). However, for more dof.s one (about 100,000 Dof.s) at the first iteration there is an error appearing "ANSYS program has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available".

I already reinstalled ANSYS, but the same thing happened. Could you please help me on this problem?

Best regards,
Wyler

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I would say there is a problem with your computer. Re-install the software, both MATLAB and Ansys, on a different machine. If the same problem happens, perhaps your optimization task is breaking Ansys, but I doubt this.

I hope this software has not been pirated, pirated versions of Matlab and Ansys tend to be incomplete and full of issues.

I faced something like that last week, so I restored my computer to a point older than the problem date and it works perfect now.

Thank you very much for your help, celeron8!

What do you mean by "restoring the computer to a point older than the problem date"?
It is similar to formatting and reinstalling my PC? or just using the old Matlab and Ansys files before the problem date?

Once again thank you very much for your advice!

Best regards,
Wyler

I use WINDOWS7.
control panel<system and security<backup and restore<Recover system setting or your computer< open system restore
you should choose time previous the crash time.
it is not formatting, you will not lose your files but will affect any new downloaded program. be sure to check the affected program when you choose the restore point by using the button (scan for affected programs.
It is not necessarily to work with you, it depends on the problem.
good luck

after that problem arise .. did u tried to run it again with the lesser dof where ANSYS was working correctly ?
if yes then problem is not with the softwares .. maybe ur memory is smalland can not accommodate ansys and matlab at one time ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back