Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ansys two way slab analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.

player-1123

Civil/Environmental
Jun 13, 2021
IN
Solver pivot warnings or errors have been encountered during the solution. This is usually a result of an ill conditioned matrix possibly due to unreasonable material properties, an under constrained model, or contact related issues. Check results carefully.

this is the error which i am getting everytime i treid to solve. can someone please help i have to submit it as my college project it is urgent and important too. i am adding my ANSYS file also please explain me or make the necessary changes.

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=e37d1d72-1378-425d-bf72-1c7a5f8256a5&file=sa.wbpj
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

when i do analysis on concrete after supressing all the other body its shows result but when i add reinforcement ot give above mentioned error. someone please help me out

It's possible that you haven't properly established connections between components...

Your .wbpj seems to be devoid of the necessary files and so i cannot open it.

?? So you have already fixed your initial error and gotten results out of your model?

First of all, being a student project, this should be in the student forum. If you don't understand how to interpret the results you've already found - that is half of the reason you are in school and seems like a pertinent question for your prof.

Next, you can't just upload your .wbpj file; I'm not sure what sort of information it contains, but it's likely just pointers with no underlying data. You'd have to archive your project, probably after deleting all of the mesh/solutions/results to get it to a reasonable size (77kb is at the low end of unreasonable sizes).

"Your .wbpj seems to be devoid of the necessary files and so i cannot open it"

gl

Sir today only I have got the results from ansys model and I am currently working on its validation by solving it myself.
Sir there is one more thing I need to ask how can I change the material of just 2-4 beam in the grid of reinforcement. I tried by selecting the beam and changing its material but its not working.

My project mentor don't know how to work on ansys. he wanted me to make some presentations and complete my project.

Really appreciate your help sir

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=f43f11c7-140e-4bf6-af90-dabc6f96e883&file=explicit_files.rar
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back