Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ansys WB 12: unable to start the mechanical editor. HELP ME! 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

carlogiovannini83

Structural
Jul 9, 2009
IT
I’m trying to use the new version ansys workbench 12 but, after installation of the program and the license, I make my geometry in DesignModeler and when I try to enter in Mesh Ansys say: error:UNABLE TO START THE MECHANICAL EDITOR and appear a fast window that say: AnsysWBU.exe encountered a problem. A diagnostic file has been written: C:\DOCUME~1\carlo\IMPOST~1\Temp\AnsysWBDumpFile.dmp
But I don’t find this file and neither the folder IMPOST
I don’t know where is the problem, please help me
Thanks
Carlo

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

From the ANSYS R12 knowledge base, it looks like you will have to uninstall/remove your existing video drivers, restart your PC and install the latest video driver version.

Hi,
by the way, "Impost-1" is the abbreviation (using 8 characters) of, presumibly, "Impostazioni Locali" ;-)

Regards

Hello Carlo,

Did you manage to solve this problem? I have the exact same problem...

Regards
Christian

Hello Carlo,

I also encountered the same problem and just like Christian, I was wondering if you got it solved.........

Thanx

Hey,

we solved the problem (or to be more precise, ANSYS Support Team sorted me out).

In my case, it turned out, the error occured due to overwriting of some files after my operating system installed a couple of updates. The updates triggered the script error that hindered mechanical in the workbench to open.

How we solved it? We got rid of the old Workbench 12.0 profile and allowed it to reconstruct a new one. How:
1. renamed the '.ansys' directory in %temp% to 'ansys_old'
2. renamed the 'ansys12.0' and 'v120' directories in %appdata% directory to 'ansys12.0_old' and 'v120_old' resp.
3. restarted simulation in workbench
4. carry on simulations like nothing happened

Have a lot of fun!

Regards

And if I have Ansys 12.1 RC?
And appears such error to, what i may do to solve it?
Anyone can help me.
I didn't find such dirs like ansys12.0 or v120

@ladybird Thanks for the tip! But for me this didn't work.

But i have found out what my problem was. My computer is connected to a network with all quint of security etc etc... The virus scanner was the problem! I De-installed ANSYS and disabled the virus scanner and installed it again. No problems anymore!

So StrMisha maybe you can give it a try!

Cheers!

Christian

It works!
Thank you a lot!
After deleting anti-virus and reinstalling Ansys.

Good job! Its an error that gave me a big headache! Have fun simulating!

Christian

Hello guys.

I have the same issue (can not start the mesher in Ansys 12) and get the same error message.

I tried all what you mentionned above, but it does not fix the issue.

Does anybody have other ideas ?
How can I know if the installation happened fine or not ?

Any help more than welcome !!!!!

Thanks

Zeitoun

Can I recommend you contact your local support team? This problem can be related to graphics drivers, but also can be produced due to other problems with the installation, such as pre-requisites have not been installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back