Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ansys_ load case combination-basic query

Status
Not open for further replies.

sanva575

Structural
Dec 11, 2001
NO
hi all,

I am new to Ansys and have the following questions.

I am doing structural static nonlinear analysis with 3 load cases

1.How can I define the 3 load conditions as a seperate load steps. Should I need to do Ls clear before defining the load conditions.

2. How to define the load case comination with factors in Post processing mode.

Can some one help me in implimenting the above points in Ansys

Thanks in advance

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The best thing you can do is read Chapters 2 and 3 in the Basic Analysis Guide of the documentation. To answer your questions though...once you enter the solution processor, /SOLU, each time you issue the SOLVE starts a new load step. Before you use LSCLEAR remember that this command typically kills everything you have applied. If you wish to only delete forces or displacement boundary conditions commands such as FDELE and DDELE are available for this purpose.

In the name of good book keeping I usually construct load step files where the first command is LSCLEAR,ALL and then reapply all my boundary conditions. This works best for me. Use whichever approach works best for you.

Hi,
rh142 hits a good point: of course, non-linearity makes superposition of effects fall apart and thus any loadcase combination will be meaningful.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back