Ante-room/ Induction rooms+ scrub

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael09

Mechanical
May 10, 2009
GB
Hello,

I am a mechanical engineer with experience in healthcare in UK.
Recently I have been asked to design operating theatre suites to American standards.

In UK we have clear design guide, HTM 03-01 for theatres being the most relevant. This document provides clear advise on pressure regimes and air change rate for OR, anaethesia room, scrub room etc.

Unfortunately, so far, I have failed to identify/find a similar document for the USA type of OR suites.
Although I have found information in Ashrae for the OR itself, I can not find anywhere air change rates for pump rooms, scrub up, ante-room/ induction rooms.
Similarly nothing about the pressure regime between OR and the above rooms.
I have investigated the following:
-US Dept of veterans affairs site
-Ashrae guides
-HVAC Design Manual for Hospitals and Clinics

The current requirements for the project are for cardiac, orthopaedic and general OR suites but, unfotunately, the Client has not produced room data sheets either.

I would most appreciate your advice on the above based on personal experience or guide me to what documentation could help me to gain the necessary requirements.

Thank you
Michael

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Try researching the AIA guidlines. Those are the general guidelines set in the US, but each state also has thier own guidelines. Also if the hospital is privately owned they often have thier own standards for what they want. So finding out what state the project will be in would be the best option, if you do not know that just follow the AIA guidlines and you will end up pretty close.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back