Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Any good places to find solids of Dewalt drill parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tstover

Mechanical
Feb 6, 2007
US

Hey guys,
I was wondering if anyone had any good places to get solids of Dewalt drills. I'm working on a custom case and I'm trying to save some time and money by not having to buy and model them myself.
The Kit is DCK955X for reference.
Thanks for your time
Thomas

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The interwebz didn't produce, that's why i'm asking in a forum.
The old saying of if you can't advance the conversation, you're not obligated to talk.
I work for a fairly large company and we are usually able to get solids from manufacturers through our various partnerships but it takes time that I don't have right now. After I create the parts I would have a library that's none proprietary. I was hoping to find someone in my situation but a week or so from now.
So I guess this is a dead thread.

Thanks Corey,
Those were some of the first websites I've tried. I was only able to come up with 3 of the 17 parts needed. No access to any scanning. We are just going to order the parts now.
Thanks
for your help.

If those are solidworks drill bit files as opposed to parasolids, you should be able to insert a design table with the usual variables* and create the whole family.
Then you could upload that part and be a hero for the day.
Diameter
twist pitch
solid length
twisted length
number of grooves
Tip angle

--
Hardie "Crashj" Johnson
SW 2011 SP 4.0
HP Pavillion Elite HPE
W7 Pro, Nvidia Quaddro FX580

Status