Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

ANY KNOWN PROBLEMS WITH SOLIDWORKS 2005 SP0

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashleygibson

Industrial
May 27, 2003
NZ
WE are looking at moving to SW2005, what are some of the knowns problems people are having with SW2005 so far.

We've in the past run with a system where we wait for first service pack before making the move....does anyone have any idea as to when this will be out....

cheers
ashley

Wellington
New Zealand

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Test it test it test it.

Even if not a single person has a problem with it you may try to do something a different way and have nothing but problems. It needs to be tested in every enviornment it is used in. The dependability of software has alot to do with how it is used. You will be doing your self a huge favor by testing. One person may use it to generate CAM files, another Sheet Metal, another Molds, another Helical Springs, another Impeller Blades, another Fan Shrouds, another Gears, another Electrical Equipment. There is no general answer to how good it is and what known problems exist. Test Test Test.

We too wait for the first service pack, but I ususally begin testing before SP1 to familiarize myself with the new features, then continue testing after SP1 for the nitty grity stuff and things we absolutely need to have in place.

Only rumor I heard so far is something regarding the end of the month.

We have tested 2005 SP0 on a clean machine (a new one):
Crashes, features that do not updates, configurations that NEVER update, API problems, drawings instability, memory not relesased when closing a file, ...
need more ?

We will wait SP1 to to test it again.

We installed SW2005 about 2 weeks ago. The first things we noticed were multiple crashes and sluggishness. Now we rarely experience a crash and the sluggishness seems to be gone. The only explanation we can come up with is that on day 1 of SW2005 every file was being "upgraded" from SW2004 and now that we have worked with several assemblies many of our "common" parts are upgraded to SW2005 so SolidWorks has less to do "behind the scenes".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back