Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Any Machine Shops Using ProE 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

kcmsa

Mechanical
Jun 5, 2001
US
Are there any machine shops who either use Pro Engineer, Pro Manufacture or both? Or does anyone have any good contacts for folks who do this? We (my company) are looking for machine shops, mold housed, casting houses, etc.... who are leveraging the PTC technology.

Thanks for the help!
Ken

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi Ken,
I know about companies who use both Pro/E and Pro/Manuf.
But where are you located, cause this is in Sweden.
:) PBe

We are located in the U.S. We would prefer to keep the work in the states. I've only been able to find a handful of shops using, and some of them are on older releases, therefore they can not read our files from 2000i2. Thanks anyway.

Ken

We manufacture gas detection instruments. Therefore we are looking for mold makers, casters, as well as shops that can mill and turn. Thanks for the help.

kcmsa,
I recently had a visit from a rep for Morris Technologies. He is based here in GA, but his company HQ is in Cinncinnati, OH (check His selling point was that he can take a ProE file (through 2000i2), convert it to IGES or STEP format and create stereolith or machined parts without any drawings within 2-3 days (depending on level of detail). If you are in GA or Southeast, I can give you the name of the rep, if not, you can probably get info from the website or even submit quote request via CGI form online. NOTE: You still have to specify tolerances for specific dimensions, otherwise everything will be cut to nominal dims, which may or may not be what you want.

I haven't needed their services as of yet, but if you use them, please let me know how it turns out and if the claims are valid (spencer.smith@iwkabi.com).

Thanks,
recneps

Ken,
My company uses Pro-e for mold design and part design. We are in Southern Indiana. Contact us @(812) 477-8264. My supervisor is David Onan.

KM

Dear friend,

We are a Gear, Splined Shafts, Forged components manufacturing unit using the following Pro/Engineer modules: Pro/Surface, Pro/Mold, Pro/NC,BMX,Pro/Toolkit etc. for our engineering and shop floor needs.

We are based in INDIA, ASIA

Amish Bhushan Goel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back