Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Any Protective Relaying gurus here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PnCTech44

Electrical
Feb 11, 2008
CA
Anyone here know of any great protective relaying forums or informative sites. Also, are there any Protective Relaying Engineers or Techs on here. Wouldn`t mind starting a Protective Relaying forum if there isn`t alreay one. Would be a great resource for fellow Protective Relaying professionals to share information about the field and aid each other in solving peculiar problems. Thanks in advance.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

This forum is probably the best location for protection engineers of any around. If there are better I'd certainly be interested, but I'm not aware of any.

There is a forum titled "Power System Protection" on Yahoo. It's not as active as this, but is dedicated to protection topics.

Hello.
For my pinion, this forum is best forum for EE, very active and very helpfull. Not dedicated for protection only,but here possible solve protection problem too.
And second, unpossible separate protection from other parts of system and only here you can see whole picture.
Best Regards.
Slava

Hi all,

I honestly believe this forum is the best! If you could hire the expert opinion of davidbeach and others for free, why look elsewhere?

Grundig

I've joined recently this forum but it's plenty of interesting discussions regarding protection issues.
I've been a protection engineer for all my career and I will be happy to share my very small knowledge with all guys writing on this forum.

Saw your post on mike holt, you found the right place for relay Gurus.

This is the most active that I have seen and you the only place that I have seen responses from present/past relay manufacturer people. Everyone here always seems willing to give your issue an honest thought.

The first attempt to register on this site was not in vain! You are in the best forum I have come across so far. Trust me, Eng-tips is very resourceful, with experienced and knowledgeable engineers and technicians!!!!!

If you want to see how good this group is, go vissit this one.

It's finteresting and sad at the same time. It's good if you like to help amatuers wire their 3 phase lathe they bought surplus to a 240 single phase system. OR you can agure with people who have invented a magnetic energy source that will power the world ( if Exon would only leave them alone) etc.

About Protective Relaying, do you know a good online technical guide?

Thanks

Yes PnCTech44, you're in good hands with Eng-Tips. I am yet another electrical engineer involved with protective relaying that is a member of this forum. The folks here are very knowledgeable and active. I'm confident that any kind of networking you're looking to accomplish can be done so here. Perhaps starting an Eng-Tips group, or joining an existing one would suit your needs.

---
Cory Anderson

Just to clarify my previous post - I agree that this is by far the best power engineering group anywhere.

faq238-1287 is an excellent starting point for protection topics.

I guess a better question might be how many protective relay engineers are on this and other sites.

I do like how fast this site moves.

Thanks for all the prompt responses guys. Keep up the good work. PnC Rules. Protective Relaying runs the electrical work. I will enjoy having many informative discussions with you guys and girls in the near future. By the way how many female Power Engineers do we have on this forum?

I also believe this is the best for relay protection discussion.
I can suggest a looc to PAC WORLD, but it's not really "up" yet from this point of view.. anything takes time..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back