Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Any Syteline (mrp) Users?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dsgnr1

Mechanical
Feb 1, 2003
US
I have been searching for a way to manipulate current materials in Syteline.
I would like to sort some particular items (if item# begins with...) and drill into that assembly and change a certain material to another material.

Please respond if you have used VB to manipulate Syteline in
such a fashion. I am only asking if this is possible.

To get the best from these forums read FAQ731-376 before posting

" I haven't slept for ten days...
because that would be too long" Mitch Hedburg

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I am currently spear-heading the effort of Implementing a Syteline 6.0 Pilot within my company. From what I can surmise from your question, your part is to be identified by two different processes?

If this is the case, it would have to be nested in the BOM and treated as a seperate Item. The current material Module is strictly applicable for component items.

If your intent is to order items within the BOM sequence, the BOM sequence field could be used.

Hope this helps.

AggieEngr,
thanks for your response. My intent is to filter a sub-set of assemblies and do "global" changes to the sub-set only.
(sounds funny...global...sub-set) Syteline will do global changes to bills of material by manipulating the current materials obsolete and effective dates. This would suffice, but I still cannot filter the sub-set. I work in a company of about 100 associates, with maybe 25% of them using Syteline. Our business if very configurable. One product line (of many) might have several hundred permutations / combinations. It is from within this type of sub-set that I would like to make changes (globally?). For instance, if our product were squares, circles, diamonds, and rectangle shapes, then I would like to filter out the diamonds, rectangles and circles, and change one item in all of the squares without opening every square bill of materaial (or current materails). I am not principally responsible for getting this task completed, but I would be greatly benefitted.
Good fortune with your spear heading effort. We have been using Syteline for 2 or 3 years now and are still breaking new ground in some sections.
dsgnr1

Sorry for the newbie question, but what is Styeline? What type of comapny or industry does it serve and what does it cost?

MRP is Materials Resource Planning. I am not familiar with any popular mrp systems. Our company previosly used an MRP called QMRP (Qantel). I would guess that an OEM type company would benefit from an mrp system. This system tracks customer orders and procures and plans material plus many, many other features. Our sales catalog is about an inch thick (I work in Airfield Lighting and computer systems). We could not do business without an mrp.

dsgnr1

¿)

To get the best from these forums read FAQ731-376 before posting

What version of Syteline are you running? We are running 7.03 and I have been able to do some custom programming in VB.Net to access the IDO's for data conversion. One of the files was current materials. I believe the collection was SLJobMatls that was used, but before you can sort on a specific bill of material you have to find out what the job # is for that top assembly item. So if you wanted to filter on the square bills of material to locate the part you want to change you would have to first find out the job # of the square (located in the job table). If the component that you are searching for is only in the Square bill of material than you could filter on this part and change it for each instance. There is an example in the documentation from Mapics "Modifying Syteline" that shows how to change an item of a certain instance to another. You should look at this and see if it helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back