Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Any way to "reset" component colors that were modified in the assy? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike944

Dec 22, 2013
US

I have a large assembly (several hundred components) where i have changed the color of many of the components to gray, in an attempt to visually highlight certain components.

i changed the color in the assembly, not the color in the component files. Is there any way to reset the component colors back, so that they inherit their colors from the original component files? Just like they do when you originally place them.

I made the mistake of saving my file with the altered colors, and i don't want to re-color them all manually.

Mike

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Select the Component, either from the screen or the Assembly Navigator, press MB3 and select the item labeled 'Properties'. Now on the 'Assembly' tab, if the component's color has been changed, you'll see that the 'Specific Component Color' item is toggled ON. Simply toggled it OFF and hit OK to set the color back to what the original model looks like.

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Product Engineering Software
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Digital Factory
Cypress, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

To an Engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back