Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Anybody familiar with SAMBO worm gearbox?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

No experience but it's a Korean company. Korea is not a low cost country and quality is usually good. I checked their website (I know a website is a marekting instrument) and if the history facts were true, I would not have reserves.

We used to use thier bevel gears and they also used to do some machining for us several years ago. I visited the Sambo facility for a brief tour back in 2002 nicely run shop but a seemed a bit dis-organized (it was split like in 3 separate buildings over a couple blocks). They did very good work for us and we never had quality problems. Only reason we pulled out is because we opened our own facility in China

I have tested large multi-turn Sambo gear boxes on globe and gate valves. Typically, Sambo mechanical advantages are attractive (better than most manufacturers) and their design is very robust.

Luxeal

In my experience,Sambo does manufacture good quality gearboxes. I would not say, in these days, that Korean companies are low cost manufacturers. This would depend on each of our standards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back