Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Anyone familiar with installing gas

Status
Not open for further replies.

RotaryG

Mechanical
Sep 30, 2003
AU
Anyone familiar with installing gas turbines in the open - ie no roof, no acoustic enclosures?

Regards,

Guru

"Evolution rather than Revolution"

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

i'd be certain that the gt mfg if fully aware of ambient + proposed operating conditions. it is there equipment and they know best how to "protect" equipment from the elements.
good luck!
-pmover

I can reinforce what pmover says in terms of ensuring that the suppplier validates the conditions under which the turbine will operate.

A further point I would make is to ensure that any implications relating to noise and vibration are taken into consideration...not only local personnel but any offiste effects on neighbouring facilities.

Jay 165,

Appreciate more details such as location of such installations where the GT does not have enclosures.

Regards,

Guru

"Evolution rather than Revolution"

rotaryguru,
i would certainly challenge or further investigate the posting by jay165 as i believe while the turbines may not have an enclosure, they are installed in a location whereby they are not exposed directly to sunlight or rainfall. afterall, the gt units will be replaced when required and accessibility & handling is an issue.

good luck!
-pmover

We have 14 Solar gas turbines on this platform. Each turbine is enclosed. Most of the driven equipment such as pumps and compressors are open but the generators are enclosed on the Solar gear.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back