Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Anyone has a idea of the soil investigation in Bolivia_Cochabamba?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dynamic jiala

Civil/Environmental
Aug 31, 2017
SG
Hi

Anyone has a idea of the soil investigation in Bolivia_Cochabamba?
does anyone has previous report of soil investigation of this site? basicly need the SPT value

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Cochabamba is a city. You cant take a geotech report from anywhere in the city and then apply it to your site. Ground conditions could be completely different.

Thanks

I know that, but my project currently no soil report and not at the stage to do it on site.
So basicly i just want to know the soil condition over there

A geology map is about as good as a Geotech Report from a different location. Pick the phone up and ring a local geotech company. Surely they can give you an indication of the local geology.

Agree with EireChch you cannot assume widespread uniformity without testing and the first step is looking at maps.

Not familiar with Bolivian practice but there should be bedrock geology maps and overburden or terrain maps and sometimes groundwater maps.

The best source to get this information from is a local geotechnical engineering firm or municipal engineering department.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back