Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Anyone know about pptables?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wmFLIPPER

Mechanical
Feb 18, 2006
US
Anyone know about pptables?

Any info out there on the web to explain how it works and what the definitions are. etc.

Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hello All,
PPTables and a complete list of Syntaxes:
I am building and customizing a .pptable to fit our shop. Everyone here is new to Catia on the NC side of things. It has been left up to me to do the job. Coming along fairly well so far. Some issues are still a pain. seems the pptable I started with needs more variables instead of solid values listed in it. I need a list of all possible pptable word definitions and syntaxes. where they are possibly used and where the returning value comes from in Catia's pallet info cells. example: Initial plane where do I put the value in and what %MFG_xxxx retrieves it for me in the pptable. or what %MFG_xxx delivers the NEXT Tool value(for preload). and so on. NC_ORIGIN number I can get but cannot have it come up in the LOADTL/ statement. EXAMPLE:
LOADTL/%MFG_TOOL_NUMBER,%MFG_SPNDL_SPEED,1,0,5,0. THE "1"= current wcs, 0=in house value always "0", 5= the initial plane for that tool., "0" to be the next tool variable.
Even if I find the correct %MFG_xxxx it sometimes will not generate a value in that LOADTL/ line of code.

Please respond Thank you very much.
Philip :D

Hello everyone, Just a continuation of this thread just above.
So sorry to keep buggin you guys but I have to bump this thread to get some action.

Items I'm lacking as to where the value is placed in Catia and the variable definition in the .pptable that generates that value there are:

Initial Plane
Next tool
End Tool
Program number "O100"

Thanks,
Philip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back