Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Anyone out there use Afgrow? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

freckle

Aerospace
Mar 6, 2001
NL
Is there anyone using the AFGROW program for crack propagation analysis in stiffened panels?
Because AFGROW has no built-in model yet for this mode, I am very interested if someone has simulated a cracked stiffened panel, using an existing AFGROW model. Maybe by using Beta factors. An input example would be very welcome.

Thanks in advance

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Doesn't AFGROW have a feature to input a Beta Table? If so you can find stiffened panel SIF in many of the published literature: I think the compendium by Rooke and Cartwright have stiffened panels.

Thanks Philcondit.
I have found some SIF's in the German Handbook "Handbuch Struktur Berechnungen" HSB for stiffened panels too.
I was just wondering whether there were input examples available from Afgrow users.

jelto

Hi Jelto,

AFGROW does have the feature where the user can input a table of beta values, As Philcondit mentioned, they can be obtained from Rooke & Cartwright's book.

Regards

Andries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back