Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Anyone purchase Nvidia cards of Ebay

Status
Not open for further replies.

christianroth

Automotive
Nov 16, 2002
CA
Just searched through some of the ebay listings and found some of the nvidia cards almost 1/3 the retail costs (i.e. Quadro FX3000). Is this for real, has anyone purchased something like this.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Yep. I've actually purchased two Quadro FX 1000 for <$100 US. For what we do at my company we don't need the super-nitro-horsepower-rocketship qualities of lets say a 3000, but the 1000 is a welcome upgrade from the Geforce FX 5200.

Just installed the second one yesterday and its goin good so far.

Tony

P4 2.80 GHZ
3 GB RAM
Quadro FX 1000
SolidWorks 2006 SP2.0

Yes, I bought my 750 XGL on eBay.....I think like buying anything used it depends on the buyer's rep, the circumstances behind the card, and if the buyer offers a DOA warranty. If I were building a new system I wouldn't think twice about finding a deal on eBay.

Best Regards,

Heckler
Sr. Mechanical Engineer
SW2005 SP 5.0 & Pro/E 2001
Dell Precision 370
P4 3.6 GHz, 1GB RAM
XP Pro SP2.0
NIVIDA Quadro FX 1400
o
_`\(,_
(_)/ (_)

"Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, and working together is success." - Henry Ford

Yer I bought a FX1000 which didnt work returned that, then I bought a FX2000 which I won for less than the 1000 !! and that was damaged in the post !! returned that and was sent a replacement and everything has been great since then. My advice is shop around and research the seller if possible.

I am looking to buy either a Quadro 1000 or 1100, does anybody know if there is really any big performance difference between these cards for Solidworks 2006?

I see this 1000 going for under $100 bucks:
I don't understand how this person can sell this card so cheap and then others on the internet are asking like $600 for this same exact card, doesn't make much sense to me and I wonder if this $100 card is missing something that the others have?

Thanks

I just got the Quadro 1000 card off ebay made by PNY for IBM. I was looking at the specs of the 1000 versus the 1100, and the specs are identical expect that the 1000 actually has more performance it seems..

1000 has:
-8 pixels per clock rendering engine
-16x Full-Scene Antialiasing (FSAA) up to 2048x1536 per display or 3840x2400 for single digital display

1100 has:
-4 pixels per clock rendering engine
-8x Full-Scene Antialiasing (FSAA)

So for $110 including shipping on the Quadro 1000, I feel that's a pretty good deal, considering the cheapest I found the 1100 for was almost $300

My buddy is trying to get me to buy his 900 XGL whc I'm fine with, BUT, I discovered that the External Power connector for the Nvidia card is a three pin "red" connector housing, while the pigtails off my DELL power supply are white Molex 4 pinners!!! What to do? Adapters? Can't find any yet.

The 1000 I got for $100 off eBay is GREAT! Works like a charm, and 'Realview' is awesome! I really like the card, and so far I can't seem to get any assembly that I have to slow it down. I just got my 3dConnexion SpaceTraveler too... still learning how to use that though, my models are spinning around like crazy, lol! Maybe after I have some holiday drinks I will be better at the motion controller, haha

I picked up a 3dconexx CadMan off ebay and it's awesome. Only 4 buttons but for $150 it was well worth it. It takes a little time to get used to but once you get it you'll wonder how you lived without it.

Re video, I'm stuck between the 1100 for $260 and the 1000 for $100. I just don't know how much diff there really is.

JB

Brand new, it supports real view, has SW settings and handles my assemblies no problem.

It turns out the 1100 is the more economical version of the 1000.

Best 112 bucks I've spent in recent memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back