Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Anyone using Pro/E 2001, INTRALINK 3.0 and/or Productview ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haym

Mechanical
Apr 26, 2001
GB
Is anyone using the latest cut Pro/Engineer 2001, INTRALINK 3.0 and/or Productview ?? I'm considering updating all my workstations/servers but would like to know from non-PTC people if there are any known bugs !! ...Haym LOL

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

We have just started testing Pro/E 2001 and are in the process of setting up a dummy server to test Pro/Intralink 2001. We are actually going to install 2.0 then do an upgrade to 3.0 to see the entire process.

So far no issues on Pro/E 2001 - seems to be a little faster than 2000i2 and no weird crashes or corrupt parts. We have a team exercising parts, assemblies and models.

I update the post when if I find something.

Jeff Zemsky X-)
Plug Power

I am in the process of upgrading, trying to wait for a resolution to my problems. During my test I have found 2000i datum plane copygeoms are not being recognized as datum planes in 2001 build 2001280. Evaluate features referencing copygeoms from previous release does not work. Long relation lines are turned into comment lines. When trying to redefine failed features specifying references by ID or Feature # does not work. I suggest you browse the knowledge base on PTC web site for any issues that may apply to you.

I have a concern regarding purge for Pro/I.
Pro/I 2.0 purge capabilities are good?
Pro/I 3.0 purge will not provide a report?

Has anyone performed a purge in Pro/I 3.0?
Or should I perform the purge in 2.0 then migrate to 3.0?

Any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back