Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Anyone using SW2008 yet? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

It's a tiny bit slower on my PC. Kind of the nature of things......DOS would probably scream on this computer....even Windows 3.1 would be instantly fast compared to WinXP. Of course, who wants to use that.

Someone had a video of SolidWorks 95 installing. It took just seconds to install. Fast for sure but you'd lose quite a bit of functionality.

Even after using 2008 just on and off for the last few months, its beginning to be painful to use 2007. The pop up menu is just too quick and find myself greatly missing it when doing "real" work in 2007.

Jason

SolidWorks 2007 SP5.0
SolidWorks 2008 SP0.1
WinXp sp2 (32 and 64 bit)

2008 Screenshot

I posted this in another forum but for those non 2008 users or 2008 users who don't know about the Shortcut Bar it is a toolbar that comes up depending on what SP you have of 2008 in 0.0 you type S key to have it display but if you use that key for suppress you can pick another I chose B.

If you are in Editing Sketch you can show the toolbar and right click on the background to customize it and drag any icons into it and resize the toolbar rectangle. If you are in Edit Part mode you can type the shortcut bar key you set and see fillets, pattern feature, Rebuild or what ever other valid part toolbar in the shortcut bar which appears next to your cursor when shown. It's very powerful and completely customizable.

Even if you prefer the 2007 UI you'll learn to love the Shortcut bar.

Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back