Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AO Mirror doesn't hold steady

Status
Not open for further replies.

FabproHelp

Mechanical
Dec 1, 2015
US
Recently I have noticed that my AO mirror doesn't stay at a setting consistently. When I am cutting along the edge of parts, intermittently, I can see the gauge on the mirror going up and down. It will bounce between 2 and 4.

I am unsure of why it would be doing that. It seems as though it no longer is regulating the air pressure that is pushing on it?... Please help.

Some days there are no problems. Mainly the issues arise on the thicker materials.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The A/0 does vary a little over the table but, not that much. Just guessing, 2.2 to 2.5 as x goes from 0 to 120.

First thing I would check is the air supply to the regulator that controls pressure to the A/0. I have seen it connected to the beam purge instead of the the regular air supply.

The other options is the regulator is getting old and can't hold pressure. Years ago I bought one off eBay for about $100. It's easy to change out.

hey FabproHelp this problem ur having sounds like it might be related to a bad NC gas regulator like the one you asked about in a different post the other day :) hope it helps!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back