Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

API 14A SCSSV Class 2 Flow Test (Slurry Content)

Status
Not open for further replies.

deaconp

Mechanical
Oct 26, 2001
US
Hi,
Can anybody please help me I am currently setting up a full API 14A qualification for an SCSSV, As part of the testing programe there is the Class 2 Flow test. My Problem lies in obtaining the materials to create the slurry for the test and what to ask for.

Can anybody help, I know what I need basically Sand, water and a viscosifying agent.

What type of sand? is there a brand name I can order from somewhere?

Viscos agent same questions is there a brand name for this?

finally a Marsh Funnel Viscometer

Please can anybody help

thanks in advance

Deaks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

There is a lot of expertise with sand slurry systems in the oil patch. Contact anyone of the major service companies such as BJ Services, Halliburton, Schlumberger, Baker, etc., who perform gravel packing services and ask to speak with their gravel pack application engineers or chemists. They have sized sand as well as a variety of polymers to create a jelled slurry. Southwest Reseach Institute in San Antonio used to do API 14A for SCSSV. They may be willing to give you a hand. Good Luck. Dan B

Cheers, Ok now can anybody help me find a place in the UK which sells this stuff for API, at the moment I can find places in the US but not here The places I have tried say the 180 to 150 micron sand is to fine to obtain???

please can anybody help

cheers

Deaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back