Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

API 20E/F Bolting supplier 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cristian Nembrini

Industrial
May 25, 2021
IT
With reference to API 6A Valve monogrammed products the bolting must be in accaordance to API 20E and API 20F specification.
The Bolting supplier shall be API 20E licenseed or can be also without licensee ?
I understand from API 6A that the bolting must be in accordance to API 20E/F specs but bolting supplier could be also without API licensee.
Please confirm by return.

thank you
Cristian

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Interpretation 6A-2019-02:

"Response: No. The requirement does not mean that only a certified [licensed] supplier of 20A product can be used. It simply means that the product must mean (sic) the requirements of 20A and that product can come from any supplier. It is the responsibility of the manufacturer of 6A equipment to be able to demonstrate that the material conforms to API 20A, when applicable. How that is done, is up to the manufacturer.
NOTED This applies to 20E and 20F requirements for applicable products as well."

Steve Jones
Corrosion Management Consultant

All answers are personal opinions only and are in no way connected with any employer.

As Steve says, no need to buy from a monogrammed supplier, although much easier if you can.

The simplest way to buy from a non-monogrammed supplier is to audit them against API 20E for example so you can demonstrate they meet the requirements if they do?

Thank you for your reply.
I agree that the easier way is to buy from a monogrammed supplier but especially for small valves is necessary reduce the impact on product cost generated form API 20E bolting.
I believe that the same bolting with same quality level from a non monogrammed supplier could be a solution to minimaze the impact.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back