API 510 Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrPSK

Materials
Apr 26, 2012
AE
Hi Friends/Seniors,
This Sep i am planning to go for 510 Certification, i need ur guidance to attend the exam also if i get any question banks it will be helpful.
Looking for your supports guys.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Not exactly sure what kind of guidance you are looking for. I took the 510 exam in May. Here was my experience:

First, you must register with the API ICP program at api.org and submit an application for the exam. In they application, they will ask for your supervisor's contact info and will send him/her an email asking to confirm your job duties/work experience. Once you pay the fee and API approves your application, they will send you a code to take to the Prometric test center website. Use the code to schedule a time to take the exam within the exam window. When you show up on the exam date, Prometric will have you empty your pockets, give you scratch paper and a cheap calculator and take you to your computer terminal. The test has two parts, a closed book section and an open book section. For the open book section, the reference materials are available in digital format on the same computer you are using to test (unfortunately, the ctrl+F function is disabled, but the ToC is hyperlinked). There are 125 questions between both sections, and on the May exam, 86/125 was the passing score.

Thanks,
Also may i get some informations how to score, what are the codes to refer.
Also any model questions it will be helpful.

Thanks for your valuable suggestions, i need some question banks to determine the types of questions and some models to refer.

As Duwe6 noted, there really is not many questions available online. You'll get them at a training course. Bay Technical is another good place to go for test prep. That's who I used when I got my 510. Most of the Inspectors in my former plant also used them. They have practice problems daily and sample exams, which cover just about everything the test does. Good luck on the prep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back