Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

API 650 Tank software

Status
Not open for further replies.

prooney

Mechanical
Apr 19, 2006
US
Is there an available software for the design and calculation of API 650 tanks? We currently use Compress for our ASME tanks and was wondering if there was anything available for API 650 tanks. Thanks.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

There are one or two programs- try a search for some other posts. Last I heard, though, the programs hadn't yet been updated for Addendum 4.

Without being specific, each of the tank programs I have encountered have shortcomings to various degrees. I know this because our clients have asked us to review output results that seem to be questionable. In a few cases it's simply a case that they input something incorrectly. Generally, it's a problem with not being updated or some type of programming glitch. No matter which one you select, always be wary of the results until you have established that all is working well. This may require some amount of checking by hand to be sure the outputs are correct.

Joe Tank

I'm currently using ITS Design, which is pretty easy to use, plus it includes Add. 4. In a few weeks they will issue the AWWA D100-05 module. We also have ETank, but it has not been updated to App. 4. Regardless of the software you choose, you need to be familiar with the code to be able to interpret the results.

Jorge L. Ramos, Jr., MSCE, PE
Alonso & Carus Iron Works, Inc. (Euro-American Steel Co., Inc. (

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back