API 660 Section 10.2.11

Status
Not open for further replies.

HungM

Mechanical
Nov 3, 2020
TW
Hi, All
As stated in API 660, Section 10.2.11, the flanged joints that have been taken apart after the final pressure test shall be reassembled with new gaskets and re-pressure tested. My question is that under what condition the reassembled flange-joint is exempt from re-pressure testing? Furthermore, if the re-pressure testing can not be avoided, what minimum testing pressure should I use when doing re-pressure testing?

Regards,

Hung

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi, r6155

Yes, the views of the owner play a vital role in the implementation of work. But, considering the site condition, there is a difficulty in obtaining the water when doing the re-pressure testing. Besides, except for gasket replacement, there are no other works done to the equipment. Hence, if the purpose of re-pressure testing is to identify the leaks and ensure its reliability of operation, is there any other alternative way?

Regards,

Hung

The difficulty in obtaining water is worldwide, but it is not a justification for avoiding the hydrostatic pressure test. You can propose a pneumatic test, but it is not a good way.
I insist, talk to the user

Regards

HungM, often a low-pressure air test is conducted after re-assembly of bolted joints. The purpose is just to confirm the gasketed joint are tight. See para 10.2.10.

Note this is not definitive. Best to confirm with the buyer.

Regards,

Mike

The problem with sloppy work is that the supply FAR EXCEEDS the demand

r6155 and SnTMan

Thank you for giving your opinions. Talk to the owner and seek a method to which all consent should be the solution for this matter.

Regards,

Hung

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back