Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

API 6A PR2 certified expanding gate valve

Status
Not open for further replies.

carlo1023

Materials
Jun 18, 2007
KR
Can someone provide me valve manufacturers that currently have an expanding gate valve product with API 6A PR2 certification (API 5000 rating, size 7-1/16")?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I assume this is (as it seems) a difficult one. One (costly) solution is always the companies specializing in 'one off' fabircation and testing of valves on short notice, often from massive metal-block machining. Have you searched Europe and suppliers for offshore North Sea and Arctic?

Unfortunately, our procurement team only tried getting bids from the Asia Pacific region. The vendor who won the package (which includes this type of valve) claims that there is no valve manufacturer who can do this. How difficult is it to produce an expanding gate valve to PR2 specs? I'm just curious. Thanks.

There are several european companies (e.g Petrolvalves, Pacson etc) that produce valves according to API 6A PR2 with 5000psi presure rating, depending on the size if it will be a special design.
Just out of curiosity, any reason for choosing an expanding gate?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back