Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

API application experience??

Status
Not open for further replies.

adrenalin

Mechanical
Feb 24, 2006
TR
Hi everyone,

I am looking for some comments from someone who has experience on API certification.

I've applied for API 6D monogram certificate in march and still waiting response from API to reeceive their review. I have received the first review 3 months after my first application and they were requesting some corrections on the quality manual. The quality manual is revised according to the feed back received from API and sent back for confirmation. Its been already 2 months since and still they have no response. My contact in API says our application is still processed and we should be patient, but there is a lot of pressure on me from the board of directors of my company.
And API also adds that, after confirmation of the quality manual, we shall be waiting around 2-3 months for the inspection to be performed. So the whole certification process will take like a year.

I am kindly asking you to share your experiences through this progress.
Do you think that we are having the normal steps of the standard procedure, or else; what would you recommend me to speed up the certification!
I will appriciate any kind of comment because it is really hard for me to wait for them to respond
Thank a lot for your attention,
Regards

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

hey

we just received our API 6A,from the time i applied to the reciept of 10 months. if you get 2 or 3 mounths after manual approval, your doing real good. are you in US??

thanks for your attention eddiewdi,

10 months is far from our expectations, and we have changed a lot of plans due to this delay.
Anyway, It's still good to hear that its not related with us.
By the way, our company is located in Turkey.
API officials told me that they will be directing some of their inspectors which is located in our region.
Regards,

Any other comments will be appriciated!

Adrenalin,
You are right on course.
Kindly remind API on a regular basis that you are waiting and see if they need any additional information from you. A nice way to keep your name in front of them.
Are you using a consultant to help you get you license?
Some times those guys have a little pull with API and can help speed the process along.
Send me an email if you want the name of one I use for my ISO 9001 work - he also does API work. mohrfeld@premiumvalves.com.
Wishes for success.
Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back