Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

API EventCallback - Analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomcat8700

Structural
Jul 31, 2015
DE
Hi,
I'm looking for the simplest way to check if an analysis is finished in order to proceed with the postprocessing part in the same skript. So to be more descriptive: the script takes a part of a coarse model, opens it in a new instance of femap, refines the model, performs an analysis and proceeds to postprocessing the results. Once started the analysis it doesn't wait till the results are available, but goes on to postprocessing. Because there is nothing to process (analysis still going) it gives no useful information back. Using the EventCallback, I should be able to do that. Any idea how that works? I saved the postprocessing in a different file and called

App.feAppEventCallback (FEVENT_RESULTSEND, CurDir$() & "\test_buckling_post.bas")

but it doesn't call the skript at all. I'm greatfull for any hints!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi,

it worked that way. I made a mistake and saved the Skript in another path:( Sorry. But still, is there a way to check if analysis complete and go on in the same Skript? I mean without calling an external Skript.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back