API Plan 52 reservoir alternative positioning

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarcoPolo24

Mechanical
Feb 13, 2015
GR
Hallo everybody,

this is my first post in this forum. I am facing a dilemma at work and wanted to ask for your opinion.
The subject is the positioning of the seal pott of an API plan 52 relativelly to the pump.
Unfortunatelly, the ideal positioning recommended by the manufacturer is in our case not possible, due to accessibility reasons. The pump has to be replaced and it has to have API plan 52 (the old one didn't) and ofcourse the seal has to work :). I consider placing the buffer on the other side of the pump, as seen on the attached picture. It seems to me, this will be the next best position. The marked area shown on the picture has to stay free. The instructions for the installation do not give numbers regarding the amount of 90 degree bends- so I can not say if this position is a NO-GO.
So, my question to those who have had similar issues or just more experience than I do : Do you think this will work or not ? Does anybody have alternative suggestions ?

Many thanks in advance
Marcus

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=0678eb0d-1a98-4962-8d26-0f182f5f5b60&file=positioning.jpg
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

If you are forced to place the pot on the "wrong" side of the pump, I would suggest the following to maximize circulation of the barrier fluid. Use 3/4 inch tubing rather than 1/2 inch. Bend the tubing with long sweeping bends rather than hard 90 degree bends. We have done this in similar situations with goog results.

Johnny Pellin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back