APPLICATION SETTINGS- AUTO EDIT DIMENSIONING NOT STICKING

Status
Not open for further replies.

JUICESEAUS

Industrial
Jun 17, 2009
US
Inventor series 11.
I have been using this program for a couple years now, and never had this issue. The feature to have the dimension box automatically open for manual input in part sketch mode, does not want to maintain its setting. I have manually adjusted the application settings under tools, in the sketch tab and the minute I return to my drawing it is as if I haven't done anything...oh yeah, apply and close all as normal. I go back to the settings and the check box is in fact "unchecked" again.
Thanks for any input.
j

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Well I'm fairly new to Inventor, but my first guess would be a change in the template may be overriding your settings?

My other guess is if you recently installed a new patch. Patches fix things and break things at times.

Juiceseaus,
Have you applied all hotfixes and service packs for INV 11?
I seem to remember there was an issue with INV 11 not remembering some application options.

Also I typically just set that option when in sketch mode.
Simple start or edit a sketch, activate dimension mode, right mouse click and check the box for "edit dimension". If it still does not stay then you need to install hotfixes and service packs (as you should anyways)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back