Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

arc length

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sojournerman

Industrial
Jun 5, 2014
NZ
Arc length seems to be a problem for me done the youtube thing and the google thing as well all good info but it doesn't give me the right answer tried all sorts of things.
So 1 3d sketch(sweep) 2 arcs on the 3d sketch right next to each other not much different in size .
One says 98ish mm the other says 631ish mm the 98 one is im sure right but the other 631 is to the outside of the arc not the bit I want measured.
also I cannot get the dimension arrows/leaders to display the way I want either.
small screen capture attached
Thanks for the help and advice
sw 2006 5.1
Picture file link

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi Anna
I think I was being to clever for my own good
But nothing ventured nothing gained
It is for a Stainless steel bathroom handrail and originally I wanted to try to sweep the whole handrail
in one sweep(because my thinking was to be able to alter the length of each arm through one sketch) but that didn't work out quite as I planned
because of the arc length issue I cannot get a reasonably accurate SS length that I would need in the real world.
Also are we able in Solidworks to squash (deform??) the end of a round piece tube so it looks like a pair of lips?? (best description I can think of)
Tried using deform did't do what I wanted couldn't figure out how to do what i wanted
Up for some education from some smarter people than me
Thanks all

Sojman, I missed that you are on 2006. Here's a screen shot. The first extrusion is the round pipe - the pipe length is used in a design table to vary the overall length. The second extrusion is the flattened profile. A loft connects them. The part is mirrored to get the overall length.

Hope this helps. Diego

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=047d7753-ba0f-4db1-9f74-9954fe3fe096&file=Capture.PNG
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back