Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Arc Sketch Keeps Flipping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim0914

Mechanical
Sep 9, 2015
US
I have an arc segment sketch that is extruded and given a thickness in a start part. The start arc is >180 degrees. When the start part is modified to make another part and the arc segment is to be <180 degrees, the sketch flips to give the >180 segment. If I want a 120 degree arc segment it gives me the other 240 degree segment. Any ideas how to keep this so I get what I want each time regardless if it is greater or less than 180 degrees??

Jim Weisner
Senior Designer
General Electric Company

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Do not use the inferred dimension for your angle. Actually change the method setting to "angle" then put your dimension. For some reason in NX 10 this sketch flips all over the place with an inferred angle dimension.

Thanks. The problem is the ends of the arc are tied to datum planes that are located other ways. The arc goes along for the ride and fills in the space. Unfortunately it flips when it crosses above/below 180 degrees.

Jim Weisner
Senior Designer
General Electric Company

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back