Area of nodeset

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hanzo1987

Aerospace
Oct 27, 2020
DE
Hello,

I have an impact simulation on a rigid plate and I want to get the pressure by using nodes to get the Resulting Force and then dividing it by the area of the nodes. So I have the formula: p=F/A. With Force F and Area A. Now I defined a Nodeset as you can see in the picture. What exactly is my area now? The elements inside the nodes or do I have to include some parts of the outer elements? I visualized it in the pictures. What would you say which area I have to use to get the pressure right?

Thanks for your help,

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=feb58bb6-1095-4aae-ba88-cf78a67fd023&file=Nodes.PNG
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

If it’s supposed to be the impact area then you should find the contact area - there’s a special output variable for this (CAREA).

Thanks, I didnt know that. So I can get the area of my deformed projectile over the time? Does that mean its enough to get that value and the value of the forces on all the nodes and then divide that force over the Carea Value?

I tried it and it didnt work for me. Could you answer my first question please? Thats how i am supposed to do it. But i dont know what the area is exactly

Yes, you can see how it changes during the analysis. Divide the contact force (CFN variable) by contact area if you want a comparison with contact pressure output CPRESS (unless you didn't know about it and it turns out to be sufficient for your purpose).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back