Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ASCE Paper 1188 Resistance to Overturning of Single, Short Piles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Surya77

Structural
Jan 6, 2015
US
Resistance to Overturning of Single, Short Piles -ASCE Paper 1188 by E.Czerniak

If some one has above ASCE Paper, can I borrow?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Surya77....unfortunately that paper is copyrighted by ASCE and cannot be posted here.

Check with a local university library that might have older copies of the ASCE Journal of Structural Engineering or you can likely order directly from ASCE.

oh ok, I was under an impression that it is available as it was published around 60 yrs back. I will check in ASCE directly

I agree with all of you. I'm an outlaw.
Story of the ASCE paper. I work for a larger engineering firm. On occasion we use structural subcontractors for strategic reasons. It's not my preferred choice, but I'm not always asked. So one of our structural subcontractors asks us (big bad engineering firm) for this ancient paper, like we have 60 year old journals sitting around. So I think about it and remember that Arizona State University has a pretty respectable engineering library (Noble Engineering Library). And sitting about 10 feet from me is an intern, who is an ASU student, looking for things to do and bill to. So I ask him to get a copy of the paper from the university library. He calls the library and says, "Is tomorrow OK?" I think it's a 60 year old paper, one day is OK.
I guess the lesson is, if you have a University around, they're a great resource for this kind of stuff.

Agreed. I'm glad I worked at the university library while in school -- the connections turn out to be handy for just this reason once in a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back