Ask for term

Status
Not open for further replies.

lly

Petroleum
Nov 7, 2001
CN
Dear Sir,

I am from China, someone sent me a list that contents some term that I can't understand
and need your help.

1, How about the carbon contents for ASTM A35 and A53 ?
2, what means for < 3&quot;BWD ELL 90 SCH 40>
3, what means for < 3&quot; VICT/NIPPLE SCH 40> ; < 3&quot;VICT/CPLG STY 75>;
< 1/2&quot;NCx 1 1/2&quot; LG B.N.S.F> AND <3&quot;MP NIPPLE HOSE>

Thanks.

Richard

Liyanl@yahoo.com

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

1) ASTM = American Society for Testing and Materials. I don't know what A35 & A53 are exactly other than a standard issued by the ASTM. I think they are the applicable standards for castings??? The standards will specify the allowable carbon content.

2) < 3&quot;BWD ELL 90 SCH 40> = 3&quot; Butt Weld Elbow, 90 Degrees, Schedule 40 Pipe.

3)< 3&quot; VICT/NIPPLE SCH 40> = 3&quot; Victolic Coupling Male-Male (Victolic is a brand name of a very common clamp type connectin for small bore, Low pressure pipe)

< 3&quot;VICT/CPLG STY 75>; The clamp connector for the above, style 75??

< 1/2&quot;NCx 1 1/2&quot; LG B.N.S.F>No idea but I would guess it is some type of reducing crossover

<3&quot;MP NIPPLE HOSE> I would guess that the MP stands for Medium pressure but not sure. I guess the hose goes with the victolic couplings.

Hope this helps

lly,

The ASTM A53 is a class of pipe. This covers black, hot-dipped galvanized welded and seamless pipe, ANSI schedules 10 through 160. I do not have anything on the ASTM A35! RLJ s-)

lly,

Some additional ASTM info. A35 is part of a specification for Practice for Procurement, Testing and Sampling of MAgnetic Materials. The reference I have shows the particular section A53 being discontinued, you should check a more recent ASTM source.

In addition the A53 Type F spec shows no requirements for carbon but 0.08 max for Phosphorus and 0.06 max for Sulfur. Other modifications of the A53 spec do call for carbon, as high as 0.03 max for A53B Type e/s.

Hope this helps! RLJ s-)

lly,

This is my guess......but

A35, I believe, is just a typo for A53.... a common type of carbon steel pipe....

Hope that this helps...

MJC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back