Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

ASME Auditor/Inspector Validate Software licenes copy

shubh7725

Mechanical
Oct 9, 2024
IN
Hi Experts, Does ASME Inspector/Auditor validate the vendor/customer license copy with the software provider?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I'm not sure that I understand the context of this question. Are you asking if the AI is going to check whether you are using valid software or pirated software?

@TGS4 - I mean you can answer the same question also but actually, I have the software and license copy of our sister company where the name is different than ours, just trying to understand does AI validate the customer id with Ansys?

I participated in three audits conducted at the factory where I work, during none of them was I asked to present a licenses for the softwares I use (SW, MathCAD and more)
With that being said, I strongly advise against trying to outsmart anyone.

You should have your own copy. That is more of a legal issue though depending on ANSYS terms of service.

Audits will usually look at the broad strokes of what you do. They may ask what software you use and leave it at that. I find client run audits will even ask for your validation of software results (which is good engineering practice to begin with), so as long as your software printouts don't contain another company's name nobody will even notice.

In the dozens of ASME Audits of our Quality Systems, I've never had an been asked to provide licensing for software; only the hand calcs were checked.

Back