ASME - PED Pressure vessel requirement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pratik_123

Industrial
May 18, 2018
FR
Hello All,

I have a query regarding using Pressure vessels designed as per ASME SEC VIII Div 1/2 in UK.
Can we straight away buy an ASME designed vessel or are some paper work needed to prove ASME design code complies with PED (pressure equipment directive) requirements ?

Much appreciated if someone can kindly get back to me on this please ?

Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Can we straight away buy an ASME designed vessel
If the vessel will be placed on the EU market, and the vessel has a PED category I or greater, than no, you cant, unless the vessel comes with an EU Declaration of Conformity (short EU DoC). However, I guess this is not the case as you mentioned
or are some paper work needed to prove ASME design code complies with PED (pressure equipment directive) requirements ?
If the vessel doesnt have an EU DoC, you can do an assessment on the vessel, where the assessment is based on the PED category of the vessel. The PED module corresponding to the vessel's category will tell you what to do as homework.

Are you familiar how to determine a PED category? You may want to get a copy of ASME PTB-10, which deals with PED conformity on ASME VIII designed vessels.

Small big detail, the manufacturer of the pressure equipment needs to show compliance to the PED. If you are not the manufacturer i’m not sure If that is wise because you will need to takeover the manufacturers responsability.
Unless you buy of course a PV incl CE mark (if PED is applicable that is).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back