ASME SECTION VIII DIV 1 - APP.13

Status
Not open for further replies.

Svk-Mn

Petroleum
Dec 24, 2021
AM
HI everyone,

Does anyone have a excel sheet or equivalent software for designing a rectangular vessel?
I am trying to design air cooler headers box. I would appreciate if you could help me with this. Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You can do it by yourself.

Assuming you are talking on a simple rectangular vessel, the equations for vessels per Figure 13-2(a) sketches (1) and (3) are simple.
Building an Excel spreadsheet for that won't be a hard task.

Thank you guys.
Actually my Air Cooler header boxes are as per Sketch 7 and 8.
As it is shown in the code its just a plain sheet whereas my air cooler has holes for fintubes(The tubesheet).
Where do I consider that in my calculations?

Cobra17, Thank you very much for your replies.
I took a look at UG-53. The same ligament eff. is used in App. 13, however in UG-53 it says ligament eff. for holes drilled on cylindrical shell. Is this ligament eff. the same for both cases?(drilled shell and drilled plate)
In UG-53 theres this "p 1 = unit length of ligament" what does it mean by unit length? And one more question, I also have a nozzle on short side of my header box. How do I consider that? By using ligament efficiency again in the formula?

UG-53 and 13-6 are the same, so if it's in 13-6 use that code reference. I was just going off the top of my head from what I've done in the past, slip my mind that it was covered too in App. 13

Depending on the nozzle size, you could use UG-36(c)(3)(-a) and prove the nozzle for UG-45 and internal pressure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back