ASME Standards

Status
Not open for further replies.

KLH

Mechanical
Jan 25, 2002
US
Hello all,

Does anyone know if there is a on-line, free library where you can access and read (not print or download) the ASME Standards?

Thanks in advance,
Ken

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I don't know of any. There are some bootleg things for sale -- I've seen ASME standards in PDF form up on eBay, but they are pirated versions from Asia.

John-Paul Belanger
Certified Sr. GD&T Professional
Geometric Learning Systems

Compare visiting a corporate or university library; or a technical book store. Few US Engineering standardards are available online for free. Numerous ASME standards exist including many updates. You may find information regarding the latest standard and perhaps update issues. Corporate access via IHS is very helpful.

Hi,
There are several electronic engineering standard libraries that can provide you with all the latest editions of the codes. For example, IHS and SAI global both provide database subscriptions that give your corporation licensces to access the standards. You can either select the predefined packages they offer, or you can customize to the standards you need.
But, these systems are more suitable for the corporate access. In addition, you are given the privilege to print and save. I also think ASTM have a similar electronic database system, but only limited to ASTM standards.

Many times I was able to find copies of standards in a website called You can try a search in that website, and if you are lucky you might find the standard you want.

Good Luck :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back