Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ASME U-Stamp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The U Stamp means that the equipment is design, fabricated, inspected and tested in accordance with ASME VIII DIV 1 requirements. Also, the material should be in accordance with ASME SECTION II.

Regards,

Can you re-state your question?
A U-Stamp is a trademark symbol stamp issued only by the ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code committee. As mentioned above it signifies that the organization can design and fabricate a pressure retaining item in accordance with the rules in ASME Section VIII, Div 1 of the ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code.

haljordon,

Your sentence is extremly difficult to understand, but let me try to see if I understand your question.

I think you are trying to say you have a fabricator who does not have a U-Stamp for their shop. As such, can he build a code pressure vessel?

If this is what you mean, then the answer is NO. However, if you choose to not register and U-stamp a "pressure vessel" then, of course, that's your risk. If you do that, no insurance company will take on the risk for your plant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back