Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ASME VIII front page

Status
Not open for further replies.

teokal

Mechanical
May 4, 2007
GR
I have been wondering...
ASME VIII ed. 2007 (pressure vessels) has in the front page a tank... why?
Not another serious question!
Thank you, guys...

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

see thread794-226496

Patricia Lougheed

Please see FAQ731-376: Eng-Tips.com Forum Policies for tips on how to make the best use of the Eng-Tips Forums.

Maybe you didnt notice, but all of the 2007 ASME sections have the same cover. Section I, II, V, VIII, IX. That's just some of them.

Yes I did, I just expected that if they decide to have some photo on the front page, this should(?) be relative to the subject of each section... e.g. a welding scene for section IX, a photo from some materials warehouse for section II etc... when you create a "masterpiece" such as ASME code, you should have the appropriate wrapping...

If they put an image that represented the specific code on each different one they would charge even more for them. Do you really want that?

While we are looking at the ASME B & PV Code, what was Section III before it was Nuclear? It just doesn't fit.
I = Power Boilers
II = Material
IV = Heating Boilers
How did Nuclear sneak in there you ask? Well...
Oldies/Experienced people may remember that Section III was originally Steam Engines/Locomotives. OK, so here is the final Win-Ben-Stein's-Money question: When was the last ASME Code Edition covering Steam Engines/Locomotives published?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back