Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Assembly components being randomly hidden in drawings 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

rlj4794

Mechanical
Jan 18, 2006
US
I have a recurring problem with drawings I haven't accessed for several months:

When I open a drawing, some components are hidden in the drawing, even if all components are shown in the Assembly. To show them, I have to locate them in the feature tree and RMB -> Show/Hide -> Show Component.

Is there a way to prevent this from happening, and if not, is there a quick way to "show all" components in drawing views, similar to "show with dependents" in assembly mode?

TIA

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You might try a newer SP, but I think your answer is in the view.

Did you check the Hide/Show Tab of the Drawing view (RMB the view, Properties) to see if it's hidden there? If they are placed in there they will be hidden and you can simply RMB the pink window and clear all and select OK.

Regards,

Scott Baugh, CSWP [pc2]
"If it's not broke, Don't fix it!"
faq731-376

Thanks, Scott. That was the quick solution I was looking for. I'm not sure why it happens, but at least that speeds things up a ton.

Hello TIA, I am thinking that long time ago, components were automatically hidden in "rapid draft" drawings. At any rate "rapid draft" has been replaced by lightweight and detached drawings in a way.

Of course, Scott's solution works great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back